- SRK News
- SRK re-enters Peru
- SRK works on the construction of H Line (Buenos Aires Underground)
- SRK opens Ghana practice
- SRK Argentina opens its Department of Mine Planning
- SRK Argentina working for the first underground mine in Uruguay
- SRK embraces changed image
- SRK Argentina opens second office in Mendoza
- SRK appoints a new chairman
- SRK poised to grow with the Argentinian mining industry
- SRK finalizes plans for new office in Sweden
- SRK opens Jakarta office
- SRK Group celebrates 35 years in business
- SRK opens Hong Kong Office
- Feature Article
- Recent Publications
- Upcoming Events
- Metal Charts
- Mining Brochure
SRK finalizes plans for new office in Sweden
SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd has become the first international mining consultancy to open a permanent office in Sweden. The office is in Skellefteå, a coastal town at the head of Skellefte mining district.
Sweden is the largest producer of metals in the European Union. Together with Finland and Norway, Sweden has seen a major increase in exploration and development expenditure over the last decade. This was fuelled by changes in mining laws which saw the lifting of restrictions on foreign investment and the abolition of state participation in mining projects.
Speaking about the office opening, Johan Bradley, managing director SRK (Sweden), said: “It is important for us to have an office here in Sweden, as a base for offering services to the mining sector across the region.
Several mining companies here are forging ahead with major mine expansion programs and as regional exploration gains momentum again, I am confident that our office will be ideally placed to assist these companies in both these areas."
SRK (Sweden) will be exhibiting at “Securing the Future” conference in Skellefteå in June 2009 and at the Fennoscandian Exploration and Mining conference in Rovaniemi, Finland in December 2009.
Formed in 1974, the SRK group now employs more than 800 professional internationally in 38 permanent offices on six continents. SRK's 1500 clients include the world's major and medium sized metal and industrial mineral mining houses, junior and mid tier exploration and mining companies, banks, construction firms and government departments.
For further information contact:
SRK Consulting Sweden